Saturday 11 November 2017

Tanya Burr Cosmetics | Selfie Lash & Selfie Flick Review

I'm really excited to share with you an honest review of two new products I've been trying out recently, which are from the Tanya Burr Cosmetics range.

Despite the fact I love watching YouTube vlogs in my spare time, I'm not usually one to buy into Youtuber products. I think the only "Youtube" product I own is Estée Lalonde's book Bloom - which is incredible if you haven't read it already!

But when I heard Tanya talking passionately about how long she'd spent perfecting the mascara product she was adding to her makeup range, I couldn't help but be a little intrigued. 

There are certain Youtubers whose opinion you just feel inclined to trust, and despite her having every reason to be more than a little bit biased about her own products, after seeing Tanya applying both the mascara and eyeliner from her new collection in a recent vlog, I knew I had to try them.

So, what's the verdict?

Selfie Lash Mascara £7.99, Selfie Flick Eyeliner £4.99 both from Superdrug.

The packaging of the products is really stunning, I love the sleek gold packaging - which looks quite high end - and combined with the black scallop print it looks just the right amount of girly, without looking too young.

I'll start with the eyeliner! 
Now as someone who has worn a solid black flick of eyeliner on their eyes for possibly the past 10 years, I'm pretty picky with my liners.

I've tried everything from pencil, to liquids to gels and then back to liquids again. I used to swear by MAC's Blacktrack gel liner, before switching to Rimmel's Glam Eyes liquid eyeliner.

The Selfie Flick eyeliner is a liquid formula that goes on SO easily. The brush is the perfect size and length to make creating that perfect feline flick seem a breeze. Formula wise, you won't need to layer this up too much, it's a really thick matte black which dries fairly quickly.

At the price point it's cheaper than the Rimmel liner I'd sworn by for so many years, and I'm just as happy with the formula and applicator, so I'm converted!



 Now for the mascara!

I'm quite lucky to naturally have fairly long lashes, but they're incredibly straight and I really struggle to find a product that holds a curl. I've given up trying to find a mascara that makes my lashes curl, so I tend to swear by the Maybelline cat eyes mascara. 

I was a little worried, when picking up the packaging of this mascara, that the wand applicator was going to be really big, as the barrel of the packaging is pretty wide. However, it's the perfect in-between size! Small enough to be able to coat even your littlest bottom lashes, but big enough to achieve thick, black lashes in a few applications.

The finished look of the mascara is really dark, long lashes which still look defined and not clumpy, at all. It also holds a curl pretty well - though I don't think my eyelashes are the best to judge this on!

A huge well done to Tanya for how well these products have turned out, she's honestly created products which I would say are contenders for some of my favourite drug-store and maybe even high end make up products. I'm so glad I've given these a go, and will definitely be re-purchasing.

Have you tried any of the products from the Tanya Burr collection? I'd love to hear what you thought!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig